Hand-crafted from premier woods and dressed with deluxe figured mother of pearl neck and headstock inlays, premium binding package and a single custom-wound pickup, the K165C deLuxe will give you the fat electric jazz tone that you have been seeking — all day, every day, effortlessly.
Attention to every detail over years of archtop building, and feedback from exceptional LA jazz players like Bruce Forman, Barry Zweig, Pat Kelley, Brandon Bernstein yields an exceptional archtop. Long narrow f-holes combined with L5 top carving pattern results in a robust acoustic voice AND the big Kalamazoo electric sound in one instrument.
“The king of electric archtop guitars. You will want no other”
- Hand-carved AAA European spruce top
- Parallel Adirondack spruce braces
- Hand-carved AAA maple back, and AAA maple sides
- 16-1/2″ lower bout, and side depth to preference
- AAA flame maple neck (with rosewood strips)
- Ebony fingerboard, head plate, finger-rest
- Hand-crafted ebony/rosewood bridge/saddle
- Deluxe binding package
- Premium figured mother of pearl inlay
- Single custom wound jazz voiced PAF pickup
- Thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish, hand sanded and polished to a mirror finish. Your choice: California beach blonde (shown), violin amber, or sunburst
- Premium Hiscox hardshell case