Nylon String Concert Classicals
The Whittemore Concert Classical model is a result of three years of research and prototyping, with a goal to create a world-class nylon string instrument suitable for the rich classical repertoire. I thank the kind people at Guitar Salon International in LA for allowing me to investigate their amazing collection of vintage instruments, and for their feedback on my prototypes, and also thanks to one of my electric customers for getting me on this path.
The result is stunning: incredible range of both tonal color and volume. Available in Indian Rosewood, and from my secret stash (or more politely “private reserve”) of 1980s Brazilian Rosewood.
“I can’t put it down.”
- German Spruce top (wood aged since the 1980s)
- Indian or Brazilian Rosewood back and sides (Brazilian from the 1980s)
- “Dome” body construction, with spherically-arched back and top yields more volume and enhanced midrange.
- Fan bracing based on (1) Dominic Field or (2) Jose Romanillos (your choice). Field bracing shown in photo.
- Necks from genuine Honduran mahogany or aged Spanish Cedar
- 25.4 ” scale (Martin long scale)
- Hand-fitted dovetail neck joint
- Ebony fingerboard
- Fish glue used throughout
- French polish top
- Ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer back and sides and neck